Welcome

Glad to have you here but remember, you could be spending your time more wisely. Family, friends, maybe even your job if you are really pushed for something to do. David also writes the Building Our Home Blog as well as the wildly popular Dave’s Mindscape

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Having just finished a seasonal job at Future Shop my mind was still on consumer technology products. The first “news” story of 2011 that I clicked on featured iPad cases.
Although Santa didn’t leave any of the popular devices under our tree I’m not upset ‘cause those ten inch screens just don’t fit in any of my pockets and I’m not going to start carrying a tablet sleeve so I can check my email or watch YouTube. I can do that and play Angry Birds on my Android phone. I can even make a call.
Don’t get me wrong, I think iPads are neat but I think they will be neater if version 2 comes with USB connectivity and video calling capability.
Back to the cases. I was online perusing some beautiful and unique cases (see links below) for i Stuff (Pads, Pods, Phones) thinking that if I had put out over half a thousand dollars for the dingus, the cost of a case was not an unreasonable investment to protect it.
Then I saw the price of the Prada and Louis Vuitton cases. $420 USD and £240 ($374 USD) respectively. At least they don’t come with a pouch for carrying a small dog.
I don’t suppose I’ll be getting any offers from the fashion industry but I do know what I like.

All products trademark of their respective companies.

Dequilla     Tor Design     LadyBugLane     damccaskill

Dequilla
One of Ruth J Jamieson's online stores, dequilla, is full of beautiful nature themed products including iPad and iPhone cases. The artist says "Spiritual influences also have a strong presence in my work". The images on these items comes from several sources, Ruth's imagination, her photography and from fractals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal) creating origial works of art that can be customized by the purchaser.

Tor Design
Tor Design by shiomi showcases her original art, graphic humor and photography. The artist and author is a recent graduate of a three year Graphic Design college program.

LadyBugLane
LadyBugLane artist Shelley's focus is based on her photography of animals and nature. Her ability to capture the emotion of the moment brings a sense of comfort and familiarity to her designs.

damccaskill
The artist presently known as David does not have a focus but tends toward humorous observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.