Welcome

Glad to have you here but remember, you could be spending your time more wisely. Family, friends, maybe even your job if you are really pushed for something to do. David also writes the Building Our Home Blog as well as the wildly popular Dave’s Mindscape

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tablet Wars CES 2011 Part I

The iPad was the “gotta have” device of 2010.
Customers did not need to be sold, they just said, “I want one”.
About the only questions were Wi-Fi or 3G and 16, 32 or 64 Gig. Reminds me of my humorous post of 2008 about “early adopters”.
I like tablets. They are fun but are they practical?
Once the novelty wears off, will typing on the virtual keyboard become the norm or will people want the tactile feedback of a real keyboard?
I am not a touch typist but I want to stumble across real keys not pictorial ones.
What about protection? The first accessory people buy for their tablet is a screen protector because the screen is a big sheet of glass. Then they buy a case, or shove it in a bag. Not so sleek now is it. But, if you pay over half a grand for something you’re going to want to protect it.
What do I want in a portable computing device?
A 10” touch screen. Any smaller and I might as well use my HTC Desire.
It should close like a net book and have a keyboard.
Rubberized shell so you don’t need a case. Hey, it’s a work device.
3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB for connectivity.
Dual core processor and 2 gigs of ram for speed.
A web cam and microphone for Skype.
The latest version of Android.
Maybe in 3D too.
I’m still looking.
See Tablet Wars CES 2011 Part II

All products trademark of their respective companies.

iPad case

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.